We're going to start posting the notes from our SU committee meetings. Below are the notes from our March 6, 2019 meeting.
Substance Use Committee
March 6, 2019 | 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Welcome & Introductions
· Upcoming Lunch & Learn, Breakfast Briefs
o Talks about marijuana legalization (3/27) & value-based payments (4/3) – invitation coming soon, please disseminate through your networks, including to consumers.
· Input on Community Presentation
o Call for committee member suggestions for community groups (PTA boards, faith groups, etc. that you may be affiliated with) at which the RARC can present OASAS Talk2Prevent materials.
o Any other suggestions for content of short presentations and places where we can present?
· Blog Posts for Website
o Showed blog tab on cbh-rarg.org; call for committee member agencies to contribute blog posts about anything relating to substance use disorder/upcoming events/etc.
· Social Media
III. Expanding SU Committee
· How do we get more “community members” (that is, not providers) involved in our substance use committee?
IV. Using Committee to disseminate information
· Reminder that The Coalition has vast email list, membership base, and you can use this committee to expand reach of your agency.
V. Future Agenda Items
· Please send us topics you would like to discuss with the committee for next month’s meeting. This committee is a resource for all of us!
· Bill will provide links to additional substance use resources for community presentations.
· Coalition will provide follow-up notes about the substance use committee meetings via email after the meeting and on the RARC website.
· The training department is working to hire a RARC Manager for the Regional Addiction Resource Center; please let us know of any qualified candidates.
· April’s meeting will be in-person at The Coalition, email invitation to come soon.